We had our sales launch at the North Grow Cannabis fair in September, here in Denmark in Bella Centeret. It was three days with a lot of attention and visitors. Thanks to everyone who attended and especially to our new customers. We look forward to shipping to you.
Cille (Peters wife) now has her own Drizzle extractor.
After getting familiar with the user interface, she started doing some experiments we never thought of - Lemon peel.
You can see the process in the images below. The peel of an organic lemon was simply cut and place into the extraction chamber. It was extracted at room temperature for one hour.
The result was roughly 2 mL home made lemon peel oil. Pleasant citric and bitter taste. I was mixed with a gin and tonic and worked very well as extra garnish flavour.
Interesting to see what come out of the extractor next 😀
During a sunny Saturday, Tye and Peter did a demonstration of the unit using our own favorite herbs. Check it out below:
Yes, we did it! Our very first completely finished Drizzle unit has been assembled.
It took quite a few nights of work till 3 AM to get it all together, but in the end it all came together. Right now we are working on fixing small bugs before we assemble the next twenty units, which will go out to selected test customers.
We have furthermore started work on analytical equipment that can quantify extraction efficiency and purity. A separate post will be made about this.
We have had a great summer! Lots of travelling and plenty of machine tinkering.
All of the finalized inner components has landed and it is time to build our design. It has been quite a lot of work to find the right vendors for the right parts. Because no one has made something like this before, almost everything is custom.
Major inner parts has been CNC milled out from solid blocks of aluminum, many has been laser cut, some 3D printed and all electronics mounted in-house.
First part of the machine is already mounted. What you see in the model below is the skeleton of our Drizzle machine and the distillation stage attached.
Delivery of the extruded plates covering the machines is delayed until end of September. That will be the final component we need to add before it is fully assembled. Fortunately there is a lot of work to be done with fine tuning our firmware to handle the extraction process smoothly.
Next post will be a video of the unit running a distillation cycle.
We have finished the mechanical design and locked in all major parameters. Our guys in Warsaw, Poland are machining and building the zero series as this is written.
Our good ally Jørgen Langevad from bpositive.dk has made a few renders of the design for us. Have a look at the device we are building for you below. Soxhlet extraction has never looked so good :)
Our trusted ultimaker 3D printer to the rescue. We have started printing all of the extruded parts and lasercutting the interior sheet metal parts. Chambers are being CNC milled and electronics soldered up in a reflow oven.
The exterior assembly can be evaluated in a week when all the prints are complete. Once the CNC jobs are done, we will have a functional plastic model of the Drizzle extractor.
Exciting times ahead!
We settled on a name. Tobias knocked it out of the park after discussing several weeks. Drizzle is a small stream of water droplets, which is actually what we are making.
At the same time Tye has worked like a madman, at giving the Drizzle extractor a shape that will fit into all kitchens. The height of the whole thing is about 45 cm's.
After extracting a series of oils from different plants at various temperatures we analyzed them under TLC. We clearly identified chlorophyll and saw how the amounts changed as a function of extraction temperature. Plant waxes were also reduced at lower temperatures.
We are currently getting access to GC-MS at the local universities to further study the oil contents.
After much work and serious amounts of hacking we got our Frankenstein prototype up and running. The wooden parts are made of birch wood and we used copper plumbing parts to fit the gas parts and liquid transfer parts together.
Looks alot like the drawings and works rather well for a crude prototype.